Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

#22 Week 9 eLibrary

ELibrary is one of the good methods to gain information or books. It's space saving to keep old copies that are required by few customers and easier to access when you know where to look. I had a look at eLibrary resources for this tasks including NetLibrary, Downloadble Media and Tumblebooks.

NetLibraryIt was interesting experience to search books directly from netLibrary as I normally accessed NetLibrary via multiple Database search in Digital Library page. I made account in Net Library and I managed to search 5 items and added to my favourite lists. I think I better stick to old search method for now. I hope that I could be able to see more information about items such as series number or edition numbers, too. I also cannot wait until I could find more popular items, too. I used it few times to recommend for school projects or classic novels to customers who couldn't get hard copies.

Downloadable Media
I searched find 'Hitchhiker's guide to galaxy' by Douglas Adams Audio book. I found the audio book under the same title but had different set of recording. Downloadable media books can be good for customers who wants new audio books rather than old or classic items.

TumbleBooks
TumbleBooks is really useful database. The interface and design look very nice and interesting to let user want to stay and explore a lot. Good thing about ebook is you have unlimited time to access whenever user wants to use as long as your internet connection is stable and good.

1 comment:

  1. Well done! I might look the 'Hitchhiker's guide to galaxy' up myself (a blast from the past) and my 6 year old daughter loves Tumblebooks.

    ReplyDelete