Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

#16 & #17 Week 7 Wiki

It was such a interesting discovery to learn Wiki pages. Even though I heard the name, I didn't know exactly what it was for until I learned it from "Wikis in plain English". It can be very effective information sharing tool inside groups or organizations.

I hope I have long time to explore the the work of these wiki pages. I quickly had a look at the SJCPL Subject Guides wiki and wasn't sure what are those links lead to. It looks more like different look of Library web page. Does it needs some explanation of what they are linking?
On the contrary, PBbookLover was quite interesting. I couldn't see so much of it as I have to be member of the wiki but It could be useful when you consider to develop virtual book club or simply sharing reviews. Most of all, I liked the 'Library Success' Wiki page. It can be enormous information repository of library practice and information related to library work. However, there were many broken links that makes me think about management issue or reliability of information.

For #17 exercise I logged on ACL PB Wiki and added my blog using text 'Web 2.0 Sophomore' and link on Favourite Blogs page.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, wikis are fun. We tried using one for staff meetings but it fizzled out!
    Lots of hard work gone into this post!

    ReplyDelete