Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

18 & 19 Week 8 Online Application Tools


#18 Week 8 Online Application Activity with Zoho Writer 


First task of this week was trying out Online based document applications. As I already have google doc Account I tried Zoho Writer. Instead of making separate test file I wrote post here and then posted to blog spot. First Difference between online application with MS word I have learned is that I can not print screen and paste directly to the online application document. This means I have to save it on my hard disk as a graphic file first then upload it. The next picture is the look of Zoho Writer.


The look of Zoho writer

The look of Zoho writer page


The look of the application is fresh and it is quite smooth to use on the internet.

There is 'share' tab has many option including blogging and publishing. I will choose 'post to blog' here to send this document to my Blogspopt page. I also clicked make public menu to let this document can be linked and inserted link below that I copied form my publication info.


'18-&-19-Week-8-Online-Application-Tool' File link



#19 Week 8 Web 2.0 tool experience - last.fm


Like Google Doc or Zoho writer, there were number of different web 2.0 applications. I checked list of Web 2.0 AwardsWinners and had a quick look of  Upcoming, LuluDocstoc, and Mog. I chose last.fm because it was quite clear what they are doing when you see the first page. It is basically a internet radio website that let user search and listen to music, however, it provides various music and artist information. It also provide links to buy MP3, News information depending on each singer and community function. They also promote recommendation on music or music events that user might be interested in based on their activity in the web page. It looks quite useful site to learn about many artists and music when the information is simple and clear. I haven't discovered things that I don't like in this web page yet as I just quickly browsed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Web2learner
    Well done on doing all these things!! :-0

    ReplyDelete